- Criminal Defense 40%
- Family Law 40%
- Appellate Practice 10%
- Personal Injury 10%
Tyler Carey grew up in Athens, Ohio and moved to Augusta, Georgia for college where he attended and graduated from Augusta University. From there, Tyler went to law school at Emory University in Atlanta.
During his time at Emory, Tyler helped write an amicus curie brief to the United States Supreme Court in V.L. v. E.L on the importance of finality and stability in adoptions. The Supreme Court overturned the Alabama Supreme Court who had said a Georgia court erroneously applied Georgia adoption law to a lesbian couple. The Supreme Court thus said each state must give full faith and credit to all adoptions, regardless of sexual orientation.
During law school, Tyler clerked at The Keenan Law Firm, a plaintiff's personal injury firm specializing in catastrophic losses from tractor-trailer wrecks, medical malpractice, premises liability, and negligent hiring.
Tyler has experience defending all sorts of crimes - from disorderly conduct, to armed robbery - in all stages of litigation. Tyler's goal is to ensure his client's receive fair treatment in the criminal justice system, to look out for the best interest of the children, and to satisfy his clients.
When not practicing law, you can find Tyler on the golf course, at the movies, or spending time with his wife, two children, and chocolate lab.
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Juris Doctorate - 05/2016
- Augusta State University, Augusta, Georgia
- B.A. - 2013
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Georgia, 2016
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2018
- Kiwanis, Member, 2020 to Present
- Newton County Bar Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- The Keenan Law Firm, Research Law Clerk, 2014 to 2016
- Strauss & Frost, Attorney, 2016 to 2019
- Richmond County Solicitor General’s Office, Augusta, Georgia
- Beyond the Bar Scholarship Foundation, 2019 to Present
- Verdicts & Settlements, The Keenan Law Firm, 2016
- Electronic Trial Notebooks, The Keenan Law Firm, 2016
- Managing Partner